World Toilet Summit
The World Toilet Summit has been the primary toilet-based and sanitation-driven conference in the world, with its most recent summit being held in November 2019, São Paulo – Brazil. With 18-and-counting annual summits organised in different countries around the world, it encourages delegates to share knowledge, best practices in the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector and form potential partnerships across each summit every year. Various hot issues pertaining to hygiene as well as sanitation are also being discussed with the goal of improving overall accessibility and hygiene standards in all countries. Similarly, increased public attention and education has been rolled out as a unifying call-to-action for increased toilet etiquette as well as the construction of more toilet facilities across all countries.
- 2004 – First Recipient of Ministry of Environment’s Green Plan 2012 Award
- 2008 – Asian Development Bank named Jack Sim, WTO Founder an ADB Water Champion
- 2008 – Time Magazine named Jack Sim Hero of the Environment in 2008
- 2013 – Successfully tabled through Singapore Government the UN General Assembly to inscribe 19 November officially as UN World Toilet Day. All 193 countries members of the UN unanimously adopted the Resolution.
- 2014 – Celebrated the first UN World Toilet Day at UN Headquarters in New York
- 2016 – Won UN NOVUS prize for Sustainable Development Goal 6
- 2016 – Won President’s Award for Volunteerism and Philanthropy, Singapore
- 2018 – Bestowed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Commonwealth Points of Light Award
- 2018 – Awarded the Luxembourg Peace Prize: Outstanding Peace Activist for outstanding efforts and initiatives to promote peace